Summers are getting hotter here in Texas. So, instead of our usual picnic event, we've opted for a much cooler option. We'll enjoy the film "Bazodee" and a delicious meal from Kreyol Korner Caribbean Cuisine, a new Haitian/Caribbean fusion food truck that will be launching in late July. We'll also have some prizes from Amy's Ice Cream, Tiff's Treats, and Alamo Drafthouse; so, bring your thinking caps and be ready to answer some Caribbean trivia to win.
The event is free, but feel free to bring donations, which will go toward the start-up costs for Kreyol Korner and to other events like this!
Here is some information on getting to Soma Vida and parking:
Guests can park in the back lot accessible via Mildred or Pedernales on 2nd St. There is also free horizontal parking in front of the building and any of the street parking on all four street sides surrounding our facility. The left front door of Soma Vida is decorative only, and it sometimes confuses first-time visitors.
Soma Vida Work / Life Balance and Wellness Center
2324 E. Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX78702
- Head South on 35 towards San Antonio
- Exit 234a: Holly St./Cesar Chavez St.
- Stay in left lane and TAKE A LEFT on Cesar Chavez. You'll go through quite a few lights. The last one you'll go through is Robert T. Martinez Jr.
- Start looking on left for Juan in a Million Mexican Restaurant on the corner of Mildred Street. (Soma Vida is just east of it.)
- Take a left on Mildred Street, and your first right on 2nd Street.
- Our parking lot is marked by a turquoise cinder block wall that says 'Soma Vida Parking.'
- After parking, walk around the right side of the building, take a left on the sidewalk, and come in the front door.
- If you pass Mildred Street, you can take a left on Pedernales, then a left on 2nd Street to arrive at our parking lot.
For guests who use public transportation, the closest MetroRail Station is Plaza Saltillo located on 412 Comal Street on the corner of 5th and Comal. from there folks can:
- Walk. It is a pleasant one mile walk from Plaza Saltillo south on Comal then left on Second Street to Soma Vida.
- Bus. Catch bus 320 (St. John) or 17 (Cesar Chavez to Ed Bluestein). There is a bus station literally outside of our parking area on Second Street, and one on the corner of Mildred and Pedernales.
- Bike. There is a B Cycle Station at Plaza Saltillo. And there is a B Cycle drop off about 100 yards from our back parking lot close to Second Street and Pedernales. If attendees want to bring their own bike, we have plenty of room for them to securely chain it.